A new award run by the UAE will celebrate success in the aviation industry.
The Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Aviation Award will take place every three years.
It will recognise overall excellence in air transport infrastructure, safety and security standards, personal contributions of individuals and innovation.
The award scheme consists of six categories:
– country with most improved quality of aviation infrastructure
– outstanding global connectivity award
– outstanding resource contribution to International Civil Aviation Organisation programmes
– outstanding international cooperation programs
– aviation personality of the triennium
– and the innovation award, encompassing aviation safety, security, sustainability, passenger experience
“The diversity of the award’s categories reflects our commitment to the overall development of the industry. We recognise that excellence in the aviation industry does not happen by accident,” said Minister of Economy Sultan Saeed Al Mansoori, who will chair the awards.
“There are regulatory authorities, business organisations, academic institutions and of course individuals who are striving day and night for the development of aviation. This is our humble effort to say ‘thank you’ to them who made a meaningful contribution in the development of our industry and by doing so, helped uplift the socio-economic well-being of millions of people around the world.”